- PrEP stands for Pre-Exposure Prophylaxis.
- PrEP is a daily pill used to help prevent HIV (injectable not yet available).
- When taken as directed PrEP can reduce sexual transmission of HIV by up to 99% and reduce transmission by up to 74% among persons using needles.
PrEP may benefit you if you are HIV-negative and ANY of the following apply to you:
- You are sexually active.
- You have an HIV-positive partner or a partner of unknown HIV status.
- You or your partner have multiple sexual partners.
- You have sex without a condom, or recently had a sexually transmitted infection (STI).
- You inject drugs and/or you share needles.
PrEP is for those that want to confidently take control of their sexual health!
PrEP works by preventing HIV from attaching to your immune cells. When the virus can’t attach to the cell, it cannot replicate, and the virus will die. PrEP works with you to keep you safe and gives you the freedom and confidence to stay safe.
Protecting yourself from HIV is as simple as a once daily pill. PrEP helps to reduce your chances of getting HIV by up to 99%. PrEP is accessible, convenient and affordable.